TOPICS OF EXPERTISE
- Clinical Health IT (Decision Support, Workflow, Patient Safety/Quality)
- Consumerism and Patient/Consumer Engagement
- Future of Healthcare IT
- IT Strategy and Governance (IT Organizational Strategy, IT Staging, IT Strategic Planning)
- Population Health
- Systems and Systems Integration (Ambulatory, Clinical and Ancillary, Financial and Business, Medical Device Integration)
- Vendor Partnerships
CMIO of Medix Technology
An exceptionally accomplished executive leader in medical and healthcare informatics, with over 30 years of experience in the healthcare industry and an unparalleled dedication to using informatics to improve medical care, end-user efficiency and satisfaction, patient satisfaction, cost efficiency, and healthcare service delivery.
An excellent strategist with the insight needed to understand how technology and information systems impact organizational strategy, business process frameworks, and clinical outcomes. Able to effectively partner with executive leaders, physicians, vendors, and other key stakeholders to define and advance core organizational strategies and goals. Skilled team leader fostering the adoption of best practices through leadership by example and continuous motivation.
• Successfully led a suite of improvement projects in partnership with key provider stakeholders, resulting in streamlined workflows, improved documentation, and simplified ordering tools – leading to improved clinician efficiency resulting in the top EHR satisfaction scores for an AMC in the KLAS Arch Collaborative and Reduction in physician turnover from 12% in 2018 to 9% in 2019 and to 6% in the first six months of FY’ 20
• Optimized efficiency and shortened time spent in EMR through new tools, including natural language processing (NLP) that enabled improved document quality and long-term CMI improvements.
• Launched a new, highly innovative patient engagement strategy resulting in the broad deployment of virtual care tools across the continuum of care.
• Steered numerous critical committees, including serving as IS lead on the Ambulatory Facility Design Committee and Chairing the Communication Strategy Committee, the Virtual Care Steering Committee, and the Patient Technologies Committee.
• Boosted physician engagement by founding a Certified Epic Physician Builder Program, which brought in 8 new Associate CMIO physicians within six months resulting in Rush landing in the 90th percentile for physician trust in IT in the KLAS Arch Collaborative
• Recognized as one of 30 leading CMIO Experts (Health Data Management magazine, 2016 and 2017).
• Honored as one of 50 Hospital and Health System CMIOs to know (Becker’s Hospital Review, 2017).
• Won the 2012 Healthcare Informatics / AMDIS IT Innovation Advocate Award for outstanding clinical IT alignment; also won the 2012 AMDIS Award for the use of an EHR to drive quality and KPI growth.
• Recognized in Modern Healthcare’s Top 25 Clinical Informaticists for 2011.